Wednesday, March 13, 2013

With apologies to Bashō

Last night right before bed, I decided to write a haiku a day because g-d knows I can't commit to keeping a journal any other way.

Today I made the mistake of telling a friend my intention, and in response she uttered that most unflattering word to be crammed into the English language in the last couple of decades: "Blog."


The gauntlet had been thrown. With minimal effort, I settled on a name, and that pretty much catches you up.

I should mention that I am more or less familiar with the haiku form and that I will be departing from many of its traditional characteristics as I see fit and generally fudging the syllable count.

With that, I give you "Haiku for March 12, 2013":

My skin ripped open
Am I rapid cycling?
"You should read Hafiz."

So, maybe they will get better as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.
Each time someone comments here
A fairy gets wings.