Tuesday, March 19, 2013

For my mad kin

I know someone who is having a really intense experience of being able to foresee the collapse of human society. Technologies, economies, governments, all failing. Their calculations have placed this event in the next couple of years. Everything on the news and the Internet is confirming these predictions. I can see this person's physical health deteriorating. Coffee and cigarettes and weed.


I sit with people in their impossible, exhausting, doomed places, and I listen. I say "yes" when I get it and ask questions when I don't. And I hope it's enough, because it's all I have. Really, it's all any of us has.

Haiku for March 18, 2013

Getting hard to sleep
Doesn't anyone else see?
The sky is falling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.
Each time someone comments here
A fairy gets wings.