Thursday, November 14, 2013

Till a' the seas gang dry

I am so in love with this plant right now.

O my Luve's like a Schlumbergera.
I bought it at the grocery store for, I don't know, a dollar, last winter. I was living in a friend's attic, waiting to learn the fate of my 10-year relationship. (Negatory on the outcome, for those keeping score at home.)

It has moved with me twice. I haven't re-potted it. I have watered it sporadically and apologetically. The wind knocked it over a bunch before I weighed it down with a mug. I've never seen it flower before.

And this month it has begun to bloom its little heart out.

Haiku for My Heartbreak and Resiliency

My life is just like
[Insert clever simile
About this cactus].

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.
Each time someone comments here
A fairy gets wings.