Monday, January 27, 2014

Finding My Root

Last summer, in wishing Prince a happy birthday via haiku, I credited Purple Rain with helping form some of my early perceptions of masculinity. I watched it last night after not having seen it for many years, this time looking for clues about myself via the movie's portrayal of gender and sexuality. I made the following observations:

This is what I think a grown man's bedroom looks like.
This is how I think men who love women dress.
And this is how I think they dance.
This is what I think flirting is.
Also this.
And this is the most romantic five minutes in cinema history.

Haiku for a Tiny, Purple Role Model

He's not a woman,
Not a man. He is something
You won't understand.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not your lover
    I'm not your friend. I'm something
    You won't comprehend.

    Whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would write haiku, yeah / Darlin' if U want me 2

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback.
Each time someone comments here
A fairy gets wings.