Monday, October 14, 2013

Requisite Anti-Columbus Post

I appreciate that the people in my life mostly have kickass politics and that my Facebook feed the last few days has been full of statuses correcting the misinformation we were taught in school, particularly repeated postings of The Oatmeal's comic drawing on Howard Zinn's scholarship.

I also appreciate that Imani shared the photo below, taken outside Walter's in Fort Green, lest I feel too satisfied with myself and my friends and forget to be angry about gentrification and displacement and disenfranchisement currently happening in Brooklyn and all over occupied America.



[Update: As I was writing this post, Imani got word that the restaurant owners issued a formal apology for the sign. Probably in part because his friends saw his photo and started making noise.]

Haiku for the Legacy of Genocide

2013
And still telling lies about
1492.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.
Each time someone comments here
A fairy gets wings.