Monday, September 2, 2013

All in a day's werk.

Yesterday I was running a booth for Homo Promo at Future Fest. My job was to get carnival attendees to write suggestions for a monthly "random act of queerness." To further this aim, I decided I would need an outrageous outfit. (Slash I will take any opportunity to wear suspenders with no pants.)

So I was checking out my costume in my roommate's full-length mirror when my landlord knocked on the door. I bolted upstairs and grabbed my bathrobe, then came running back down to let him in. He was there to fix a door that was backward on its hinges or some shit.

While he was doing that, I went back up to put on more clothes, then I left for the tabling gig. As I was driving across town to pick up a banner, I realized what I must have looked like as I answered the door.

Haiku for My Random Act of Queerness

Bathrobe and bow tie.
No wonder he looked confused.
Poor Mr. Landlord.
I am not really comfortable showing the Internet the front of this outfit.

3 comments:

  1. Confusion...perhaps
    he had considered that look
    for himself that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that you there, Steve?
      Sorry if I bit your steeze.
      Next time, just text me.

      Delete
  2. Two pairs and braces?
    The backside proclamation
    Goes without saying.

    -MB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback.
Each time someone comments here
A fairy gets wings.